Jesus is the Christ, the son of God while the antichrist is the opposite of Jesus and he is the son of perdition. Whereas Jesus spent his time helping the people and the common man, the antichrist will promote bigger government and more control. He will be a great deceiver who will convince the people that his form of government will have all of the answers for all of the world's problems. The world is already being set up for the rise of the antichrist through television advertisements like the Archer Daniel Midland (ADM) add that say that local governments and politics get in the way of feeding the world. Television shows like Star Trek which show a united earth with no starvation or problems lead people to believe that there is a man who could rule the world through peace.
The concept of a one world government ruled by a benevolent ruler has wide appeal to a large number of people. He will feed the world and create great prosperity among all of the nations of the world. But his reign will collapse and he will institute strict controls and measures to enforce his will. Of course he will blame the Christians for all of his problems and will make Christianity illegal.
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
People are looking for government to take care of their every need in the name of compassion and helping the ones who cannot take care of themselves. Whenever the government gets involved in any social welfare program there is a price to pay. Look at the Medicare program that you have to join whether you want it or not. For every government based social welfare program is in reality a tax where a little is given back to the people where the majority goes to the bureaucracy that runs the program. Notice how every ``big'' government program that is established the politicians talk about the jobs that they have created while helping the people. This is the method that the antichrist will use deceive the people. He will tell them that he will take care of them and that he cares for them. He will state that he will have compassion upon the poor and will help those in need. Doesn't this sound like the politicians that are running for the presidency today. George Bush is saying that he will ``save'' Social Security and will ``improve'' Medicare. And at the same time Al Gore is saying the same thing. But when they say they are going to ``save'' something, they are really saying that they are going to continue with the tax. Isn't this a deception?
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
There are many Christians today who believe the lies
of the politicians. Let's look at the web sits of the two major
candidates for president.
George Bush http://www.georgebush.com
Al Gore http://www.algore2000.com
Governor Bush will build a bipartisan consensus to save Social Security based on the following principles:
Absolutely no change in existing benefits for retirees or near-retirees.
The Social Security surplus must be locked away only for Social Security.
Social Security payroll taxes must not be increased.
The government itself must not invest Social Security funds in the market.
Modernization must preserve the disability and survivors components.
Modernization must include individually controlled, voluntary personal retirement accounts, which will augment the Social Security safety net. These accounts will earn higher rates of return, have parameters of safety and soundness, and help workers build wealth that can be passed on to their children.
AL GORE'S PLAN TO STRENGTHEN SOCIAL SECURITY.
Social Security has been an unshakable covenant between generations. However, it faces new challenges as the number of Americans over the age of 65 is projected to double from 35 million in 2000 to more than seventy million in 2035. In 1999, there were 3.4 workers for every Social Security beneficiary and by 2035 there will only be 2.0 workers per beneficiary. Al Gore believes that we must use today's historic prosperity and budget surpluses to strengthen Social Security until at least 2050 and to pay off the nation's public debt by 2013.
· Al Gore is proposing to devote all Social Security surpluses to Social Security and debt reduction. Al Gore's balanced budget plan transfers the entire Social Security surplus ($2.2 trillion over ten years) to debt reduction and to improve Social Security. He believes Social Security should not be undermined by a large risky tax cut that spends Social Security surpluses.
· Al Gore will strengthen Social Security until at least 2050 by using the long-term interest savings to extend solvency. Al Gore's plan to reduce the publicly held debt by nearly $2.2 trillion over the next ten years will produce significant interest savings. In 2011, the interest savings will be about $120 billion - all of which will be transferred to extend the solvency of Social Security. These interest savings transfers will grow to about $250 billion annually after 2015.
· Al Gore improves fairness for widows, widowers, and mothers. Al Gore has a fiscally responsible plan to strengthen Social Security and add new guarantees of fairness for widows, widowers, and mothers. While fixing unfair penalties, these changes effect less than five percent of the Social Security surpluses. The savings from long-term interest savings would fully pay for Gore's proposals to modernize Social Security's benefits - eliminating the motherhood penalty and improving the widow benefit -- extending solvency until at least 2050.
· Al Gore has a plan to bring Americans together on Social Security. While some want to protect the status quo and others want to privatize Social Security, Al Gore has a common-sense approach to move forward on Social Security and help assure Americans a secure retirement for the future. Gore's plan keeps Social Security secure and strengthens it with sound financial proposals like debt reduction. Gore also believes that we should look for new ways to help Americans save for the future outside of Social Security - while protecting the current benefit.
AL GORE IS PROPOSING TO ELIMINATE 'THE MOTHERHOOD PENALTY'
Al Gore has a new proposal to eliminate the 'motherhood penalty' by giving parents credit toward Social Security for up to five years spent raising children - for those either out of the work force or working part time. Social Security is a gender-neutral benefit but this would mostly apply to women. Al Gore is proposing counting these years as if the care giver earned one-half of the average wage, which would work out to $16,500 in 2001. This amount would be indexed. If a woman worked part-time and earned less than $16,500, she would be credited for $16,500 of earnings in the computation of her Social Security benefits. Although the value of raising children cannot be quantified, this proposal would help ensure that all women are rewarded equally for years spent raising children. This proposal will:
- Benefit up to 8 million Americans, most of them women.
- People that benefit will get an average of about $600 annually in additional benefits.
- Lower-income women could see their Social Security benefits rise by as much as $2,100 per year.
As you can see both of the partys are saying that they are going to save Social Security. When you read both of their proposals you see that they never mention that Social Security is a tax that you have no choice but to pay. This is the fraud that every member in Congress realizes and they have exempted themselves from paying the Social Security Tax. If Social Security was such a good deal why would they exempt themselves?
3014 E Street Philadelphia, PA 19134 Church Office Phone: (215) 634-3637 Published by: Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy (215) 535-4037
Sunday School . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10:30 AM
Sunday Morning Worship . . . . . . . . . . 12 NOON
Sunday Evening . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6:30 PM
Wednesday Evening . . . . . . . . . . . . 7:30 PM
Copyright © 2000 LeRoy D. Cressy
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this transcript as long as the copyright and this permission notice appear.